Oral Learners: Who are they?
80% of the world do not understand the message when it is delivered to them by literate means. They can be completely illiterate, functional illiterate, visually impaired, or hearing impaired, or simply part of an oral culture. Some are highly literate but prefer to learn in an oral manner. They do not understand the literate concepts even when they hear them. They are simply oral preference learners, there are 5.7 billion of them in the world and of that group over 1/2 of them are children!
These 5.7 billion oral learners in the world, have a minority of resources attempting to reach them for Christ. The vast majority of our outreach work today is conducted through literate means that these oral learners do not understand. We are asking for the prayer movements across the world to unite in praying for this huge issue.
Did you know today there are:
- 2.7 billion unreached people resulting in approximately 3,500 unengaged, unreached people groups;
- Approximately 2 billion people without the Old Testament;
- 1,800+ Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG) consisting of 350 million people are without a single verse of the Scripture in their heart language.
- Too few strategies and resources committed to the oral learners of the world.
The remaining Unreached Unengaged People Groups are predominantly oral societies
Communicating the message of Christ to people in ways that make sense to them – instead of in ways that make sense to us!
- May 5 @ 9:00 pm - May 6 @ 9:00 pm UTC-4
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Global ministries initiate 24hr Prayer Conference Call for Andrew Brunson Dial-in number: (712) 775-7035 Access code: 281207# May 5, 2018 – May 6, 2018 9:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Eastern time Check for your timezone: 9:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Easter /...
- May 9 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm UTC-4 at LifeBridge Church
LifeBridge Invitation May 9 You are Invited! By International Orality Network (ION) – North America Region To a luncheon graciously hosted by LifeBridge Church in Windermere, FL followed by an optional 2-hour Introduction to Orality. You will learn about ION and our upcoming nationa...
- May 10 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-4 at Wycliffe Bible Translators
Wycliffe invitation May 10 You are Invited! By International Orality Network (ION) – North America Region To a lunch time meeting being graciously hosted at Wycliffe Bible Translators, followed by an optional 2-hour Introduction to Orality. You will learn about ION and...