Oral Learners: Who are they?
80% of the world do not understand the message when it is delivered to them by literate means. They can be completely illiterate, functional illiterate, visually impaired, or hearing impaired, or simply part of an oral culture. Some are highly literate but prefer to learn in an oral manner. They do not understand the literate concepts even when they hear them. They are simply oral preference learners, there are 5.7 billion of them in the world and of that group over 1/2 of them are children!
These 5.7 billion oral learners in the world, have a minority of resources attempting to reach them for Christ. The vast majority of our outreach work today is conducted through literate means that these oral learners do not understand. We are asking for the prayer movements across the world to unite in praying for this huge issue.
Did you know today there are:
- 2.7 billion unreached people resulting in approximately 3,500 unengaged, unreached people groups;
- Approximately 2 billion people without the Old Testament;
- 1,800+ Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG) consisting of 350 million people are without a single verse of the Scripture in their heart language.
- Too few strategies and resources committed to the oral learners of the world.
The remaining Unreached Unengaged People Groups are predominantly oral societies
Communicating the message of Christ to people in ways that make sense to them – instead of in ways that make sense to us!
- July 12 - July 20 at All Nations
You are invited to a week long arts course at All Nations college, in England, 12th - 17th July 2020. The aim is for you to be able help local communities draw on their artistic resources to help them respond to their spiritual, social and...