Oral Learners: Who are they?
80% of the world do not understand the message when it is delivered to them by literate means. They can be completely illiterate, functional illiterate, visually impaired, or hearing impaired, or simply part of an oral culture. Some are highly literate but prefer to learn in an oral manner. They do not understand the literate concepts even when they hear them. They are simply oral preference learners, there are 5.7 billion of them in the world and of that group over 1/2 of them are children!
These 5.7 billion oral learners in the world, have a minority of resources attempting to reach them for Christ. The vast majority of our outreach work today is conducted through literate means that these oral learners do not understand. We are asking for the prayer movements across the world to unite in praying for this huge issue.
Did you know today there are:
- 2.7 billion unreached people resulting in approximately 3,500 unengaged, unreached people groups;
- Approximately 2 billion people without the Old Testament;
- 1,800+ Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG) consisting of 350 million people are without a single verse of the Scripture in their heart language.
- Too few strategies and resources committed to the oral learners of the world.
The remaining Unreached Unengaged People Groups are predominantly oral societies
Communicating the message of Christ to people in ways that make sense to them – instead of in ways that make sense to us!
- July 1 - August 31 at Pray from your location
Join to pray! July – August 2019 Orality Network Praise and Prayer Update
- September 26 - September 28 at Oxford Centre for Mission Studies