ION Africa Consultation 2018, Johannesburg
November 26 - November 30
- Who is an oral learner?
- How do we reach every oral learner in Africa so that he or she has the opportunity to become a follower of Jesus?
- What must we give oral learners that will best sustain a movement of self-replicating disciples?
- How do we reach the least unreached people with the word of God and disciple them effectively within their culture?
- Storytelling, arts and culture have been part of our tradition and culture in Africa. How do these and other traditions help in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ among oral learners?
These and many other questions will be the focus of the ION Africa Consultation that will take place from November 26th to 30th at eMseni Christian Conference Center in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Participants will be expected to arrive on November 26 and leave on November 30 unless they have planned to do
something in South Africa. We plan to have 150 participants from all over Africa and few from outside Africa. To date, 110 have already registered and if you are planning to participate, do so now for the places are being filled fast.
We have 50 youths from Africa who have applied and we are looking for ministries and donors that can support us by contributing to the $33,000 that is needed to make this a reality. Normally these consultations are attended by older folks and the desire for this one was to bring 50 youths who are the next generation ION Africa carriers of the Gospel. Would you join us in this dream? If yes please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will give you details of how this can be done.
Please join us in prayer as we prepare for this Consultation and the other activities that we have planned to do in Africa.
To apply for this Consultation, send an email to email@example.com
Full information available here.
Have an event to promote?
Community members can submit orality related events on this site. Increase your audience by adding your training event, promotion, or conference using this button.Submit Your Event
- October 1 - December 31 at Pray from your location
The new ION Prayer Focus for OCT, NOV, DEC 2018 is ready for you! OCT, NOV, DEC 2018 ION Prayer Focus View in its entirety at: https://ionprayer.com/2018/09/27/oct-nov-dec-2018-annual-bible-in-90-days-prayer-initiative/