- This event has passed.
Praying for the Oral & Bibleless Peoples in South Sudan
August 1, 2016 @ 1:00 am - August 31, 2016 @ 11:55 pm UTC-5Free
Each month the ION Prayer Team would like to help you to have the opportunity to corporately pray each month strategically together. We will post a new event each month. Please feel free to share the link with your prayer groups or churches.
We will focus each month on Prayer for the Oral & Bibleless Peoples. Looking at the Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG), the Persecuted Church & Oral Peoples in strategic Nations.
For the month of August we focus our prayers toward South Sudan
South Sudan has been in a very critical place over the last several years. In 2011 when they voted to become a separate nation there was hope that things would improve. But in recent weeks, several things have happened. Please pray for this young country. They are in need of great prayer for God to move. There are 78 people groups in the nation. According to Finishing the Task (www.finishingthetask.com) there are currently five (5) listed as Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG). Which the great commission partners groups say means that no one currently has a strategic plan to reach them with the Gospel. No one has adopted these people groups. These are family groups that are into four generations of civil war. Who have not had education and schools in place in several years.
We ask you to remember these people groups in your prayer time.
Here are the stats for the UUPGs:
FTT# People Group Population Language Religion WS OS J F G R C B WN WC
2022 Beli (Jur Beli & Modo) 10,000 Beli (Sudan) Ethnic Religions Y N Y N N Y N* N* 1 0
1308 Deaf of S. Sudan 117,387 Uncoded Language Various N N N N N N N N 2 0
2026 Kadiro 7,600 Moru Islam Y N Y N N Y N N 1 0
5455 Lingala 49,500 Lingala Islam Y Y Y N N Y N N 1 0
2022 Morokmodo 5,200 Morokmodo Islam N N N N N Y N N 1 0
WS - Written Scripture OS - Oral Scripture J - Jesus Film F - Faith/Evangelism Films G - Gospel Recordings
R - Radio C - Churches B - Believers WN - Workers Needed (1 per 50k pop.) WC - Workers Confirmed in the Fiel
* The Seed Company reports a project running currently, working with local Churches and Believers. YOU can sign up to pray for the finishing of the project from the link. https://theseedcompany.org/languages/genesis-cluster-jur-beli
As we pray this month, we will partner with our orality partner PrayerCast.
• Pray for long-term peace and lasting stability to prevail in this fragile, new nation.
• Pray for churches to remain united as they model peace and reconciliation to a watching world.
• Pray for the people to reject ethnic hatred, embrace the gospel, and demonstrate love and forgiveness.
• Pray for Oral Bibles and Orality Tools & Resources to become available.
• Pray for this nation that is listed as 54% Christian. Pray Ephesians 3:14-21 for these peoples to have the opportunity to hear the name of Jesus in a way they can really understand and begin to be disciples that make disciples.
• Pray for the Persecuted Church and for believers who do not have a church home. This nation has an ongoing history of internal strife and tribal wars. There are large areas where currently there is no community of believers. People have had to leave because of the civil war.
• Pray for nearby groups who know Jesus to take up the responsibility to adopt and begin to put a strategy in place to bring the Gospel in such a way that would result in church planting movements/disciple making movements (CPM/DMM). Which does not necessarily mean buildings/structures. But communities of believers who are maturing and fruitful for the kingdom of God. And pray for many to come to know Christ and have deep roots that they would be fruit for the Kingdom of God. God's arm is not too short.
Watch & Pray: http://www.prayercast.com/south-sudan.html
Have an event to promote?
Community members can submit orality related events on this site. Increase your audience by adding your training event, promotion, or conference using this button.Submit Your Event
- April 3 - April 30
Join in united prayer together: APRIL 2019 Praise and Prayer Update https://ionprayer.com/2019/04/03/april-2019-orality-net-praise-and-prayer-update/
- April 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm UTC-5 at Westside Family Church
At the International Wholistic Missions Conference Led by Byron Spradlin and Jerry Wiles Monday, April 29, 2019 Register here