- This event has passed.
Discovering and learning oral teaching methods
September 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - October 2, 2020 @ 1:30 pm CEST$350
Orality is not merely about communicating verbally instead of writing, but it is about thinking patterns, what kind of information seems relevant and interesting, how is information remembered and how is it passed on to others.
70% of the world population are oral learners, either by necessity, since they can’t read or write or by choice of preference.
Therefore it is of high importance to communicate the best message ever in a way people like to receive information and are able to understand, remember and pass it on.
This course provides a basic understanding of orality and teaches several oral teaching methods.
- Basic information about orality
- Storytelling: how to prepare a story so that you know which message to pass on and how to tell it in a captivating manner.
- Creating a story-set for your target group
- Story based-interactive Bible study methods (simply the story, questions set)
- Bibliolog: a Bible study method that is based on putting yourself in the role of the characters involved in the passage. Can be applied in small or large groups, people who know the Bible well or not at all, people who can read or not.
- Dramatized scripture reading: how to make Scripture passages come alive by reading it with a group of people.
- Living Statues: making stories and abstract concepts three dimensional and personal
- Systematic Biography: teaching theology based on the biography of people in the Bible.
- Basic drama
- September 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am CEST
- October 2, 2020 @ 1:30 pm CEST
- Event Categories:
- Europe, Storying Training, Training Events
- Event Tags:
- Orality Training
- WEC International
- View Organizer Website