2pm (EDT) GMT-4
Praying for: Oral and Oral Bible-less Peoples
Trouble – Open Doors for the Gospel
Pray with us for Open Doors in the Midst of Trouble: When epidemics or natural disasters strike or trouble the just come to individuals and families, the results can be devastating. Often, in the midst of this difficulty and uncertainty there comes an opening for the Gospel.
Scripture: “O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good.” -Jeremiah 16:19
Prayer: Lord, You are the good shepherd. You look after each one of Your children. You are the only safe refuge and fortress in times of trouble.
Lord, today some of the Oral and Oral Bible-less Peoples are facing trouble they cannot manage. They are in need of Your help. We ask Lord, that You would respond to their need, and come to their aid.
Use this crisis to introduce them to Your goodness. Allow this difficulty to soften their hearts to Your truth. Give them the grace they need to walk away from the god who has failed them and embrace You as their only Lord and Savior. Open their eyes Lord to see You as the lover of their soul, their refuge, and their fortress. In Jesus name, amen.
Join this month as we pray united for what God is doing alongside the Orality Network and our network partners.
PRAY for upcoming events – ION Regional Gatherings –
- North America Regional ION Conference: 11–13SEPT2017 Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA – Details on the ION http://Orality.net website (OPEN to all)
- South East Asia Regional ION Conference: 19-22OCT2017 Chiang Mai, Thailand – Details on the ION http://Orality.net website (OPEN to all)
- West Africa – May 16-19 (Jos, Nigeria)
- PRAY for everyone to have access to God’s Story / Scripture –
- 469 UUPGs have NO KNOWN RESOURCES
- 493 have been Engaged, but there is NO SCRIPTURE available in their heart language
- Pray toward the goal of every language group having Scripture access in their heart language and mother tongue.
- Currently 1,002 UUPGs with NO Written Scripture
- 1,653 UUPGs with NO Oral Scripture
- 1,691 UUPGs do NOT have ONE VERSE
- Pray for the 665 languages with populations of 500,000+ – of this particular segment of souls, 272 languages have NO Old Testament.
- Currently there is NO ONE working toward putting a Scripture Project in place that would close this gap.
Read the full APRIL 2017 ION Prayer Focus at: https://ionprayer.com/2017/03/30/april-2017-ion-prayer-focus/