“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
The longer I serve as Senior Associate for Prayer with the International Orality Network the more I realize the need to have prayer as a foundation in everything we do, This verse brings us back to the center of it all.
Praying Without Ceasing: What Might That Look Like?!
As a network we want to share in this months ION Prayer Focus what this might look like:
• Have prayer in the mix of everything we “do”.
• Keeping an attitude of prayer as we work.
• Making it a priority to have a biblical lifestyle of praying unceasingly (Not just saying a “pray before we start or asking God to bless the work after we meet”).
• Presenting the biblical model in Acts. Prayer is the foundation of everything.
• Recognizing our roles, as individuals or corporately together, we are responsible to be people who pray and encourage a sustainable measure of allowing the Holy Spirit access to all we do.
• In addition to talking about prayer, that we have as a foundation the goal of having a specific prayer connection point person such as a prayer coordinator & working toward having in place a physical prayer team as a basic element to every team in our network, as well as us as individuals or corporately together.
• When prayer is a natural element of everything we are, then we see the component of “praying unceasingly”.
We invite you to link in together each Thursday at 2pm (Eastern) in united prayer for the “more” of Ephesians 3:20-21 for the entire ION network as well as the body of Christ, in the area of having real tangible prayer in place.
In unity we pray. . . Luke 10:2 & Matthew 9:37-38, in united prayer we pray, Lord of the Harvest, SEND Your laborers into Your harvest field. Lord, close the gap in having Scripture for the Every & All. In Jesus name. Amen
We join together to echo Your Son’s Request TO ASK: He was saying to them, “The harvest is abundant [for there are many who need to hear the good news about salvation], but the workers [those available to proclaim the message of salvation] are few. Therefore, [prayerfully] ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”
We invite you each Thursday at 2pm (EDT):
Dial-in: +1 (641) 552-9404
Let’s pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance as it will look differently for each group or organization as they put prayer into their foundation in a real way.
Join in praying the Word from Ephesians 3:16-19:
Strengthen the inner man of each one, that Jesus would dwell in our hearts thru faith. That we would be rooted and grounded in Jesus. That we individually and as the Orality Network might be able to know the love of Jesus and be filled with the fullness of God. Let us allow for the freedom of Your work. May we celebrate the work of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as we watch and pray. In Jesus name. Amen.
Let’s pray for a greater portion of not just the thought process of thinking that a couple of people who you think are praying –but to the reality of knowing we have prayer support and full prayer coverage however that looks for each group within the ION network.
In the month of September we invite you to join to pray for dedicated Prayer Associates for each of our ION Regions.
What might that look like?!
Each ION Region would have a dedicated person/s that would work toward providing prayer support and prayer mobilization for that specific Region. We are believing for the “more” as we see God bringing the different Regions into place. Those Region Prayer Associates would link together with the Senior Prayer Associate, so that prayer across the globe would be united in purpose.
A United Call for Prayer on behalf of all Oral Peoples, Oral Bible-less People Groups, and for those working in Orality/UUPGs & Great Commission Partner groups. -“Devote ourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful… that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ.” (Colossians 4:2-4)
Please, if you did not start with us, you can still join in with us from any date.
Thirty-five Global Prayer leaders (including the ION Int’l Prayer Director) from seven nations gathered recently to listen to God for His direction; seeking Him together for His strategy to mobilize prayer for the nations and greater strengthening of the Body of Christ.
During our corporate listening time, it was clear through multiple voices that we are living in extraordinary and critical times. We (the Body of Christ) need to be connected to one another relationally and together prepare for what is coming.